Waterproof Pack by Dissent 133 [Layered Cycling Glove System]
Please don't miss out: FIRST BATCH SOLD OUT. PRE-ORDER NOW FOR DELIVERY JANUARY WEEK 4.
The Dissent 133 Layered Glove System was born from days on end spent riding in variable conditions, with numb fingers and wet hands, causing difficulty shifting gears or braking hard. When the weather is foul outside, the hardiest of cyclists reach for multiple layers to keep dry and warm. Dissent 133 applies this logic to a three-part Layered Glove System, designed to protect no matter the conditions outside. Utilising a unique layering system that mimics the way a rider would layer their upper body, to maximise adaptability throughout changeable conditions.
- Warm, dry, thin and flexible | The Dissent 133 Layered Glove System puts the waterproof/windproof membrane outside all the thermal layers, keeping them dry and maintaining their thermal insulating properties.
- Incredible adaptability, 11 combinations! | The Dissent 133 Layered Glove System is ideal for changeable mid-ride conditions, and each layer is easily packable. No need to own expensive thick deep winter gloves suitable for just a few rides a year.
- Easy drying and washing | The individual gloves used within the Dissent 133 Layered Glove System separate without difficulty, to dry quickly and wash easily.
- Less frustration | Like us, you may well have experienced the liners of winter gloves pulling out at the fingers countless times – and the struggle to push them back in! The Dissent 133 Layered Glove System completely removes this problem as the OutDry®Lite membrane is bonded directly to the Schoeller outer fabric.
Use the above diagram to help form an understanding of the temperature ranges through which the Dissent 133 Layered Glove System can be used. Obviously, some riders run hot and some cold, so you will no doubt find your own perfect solution to each of the four seasons as you ride through them all.
NB: the waterproof and windproof layers are interchangeable in the graphic above, but obviously for the wettest weather the OutDry®Lite waterproof glove is preferable, whereas the ShowerLite windproof glove works well in light rain and windy conditions, offering CX/Spring race levels of dexterity and feel. The Dissent 133 OutDry®Lite and Showerlite outer gloves also pack neatly into your jersey pockets which also makes them ideal for use over short finger cycling mitts when the heavens open during those mountain descents.
OUR HIGHLY TECHNICAL OUTER LAYER FOR SERIOUSLY WET & COLD WEATHER. COMBINED WITH OUR THERMAL LAYERS, YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING ON ALL CONDITIONS.
- Designed to fit over other gloves and provide water & wind protection
- Incredibly light and flexible construction; excellent dexterity for gear shifts and braking
- High Waterproof rating of over 10,000mm WPR (Water Permeability Rating), thanks to patented OutDry® technology
- Excellent breathability; more than 20,000g/m2/day WVP (Water Vapour Permeability)
- High and permanent elasticity, owing to high tensile strength
- Lightweight but durable, thanks to Schoeller fabric, ideal for easy packing in your jersey pockets
- Secure tightening through the v-shaped Velcro waterproof opening, with a loop to allow for easy access, whether on the bike or off
- Nose wipe on thumb
- Touch-screen fingertips for easy use of mobile device
- Reflective side strip
The unique Dissent 133 OutDry®Lite waterproof cycling outer glove is an innovative concept, and the most technically advanced of the three layers, itself featuring several key parts.
The innermost face of the outer shell is a highly durable super-light 2-way stretch, super high-gauge material, with antimicrobial and anti-odour treatments. The result is flexibility and low-bulk.
Bonded to this is the flexible, seamless fully waterproof, and yet highly breathable, patented OutDry® membrane, as used in award-winning Alpine Mountaineering boots. The bonding between the materials uses thousands of tiny glue dots delivering a strong construction, very low bulk and excellent dexterity for easy gear shifts.
The outermost part of the waterproof glove features a cutting-edge material woven by the Swiss company Schoeller® and is treated with their Nanosphere® technology, which results in a self-cleaning effect on the textile surface. This is similar to how the leaves of certain plants always stay clean, because dirt cannot adhere to their finely-structured surfaces. Rain drops wash the dirt particles off easily. Thanks to Nanosphere®, this self-cleaning property is permanently transferred to textile surfaces making them water, oil and dirt repellent. Any residue can be rinsed off with a little water.
Using a unique heat-moulding technique, the waterproof Outdry® membrane is expanded and bonded to the Schoeller® fabric, producing a glove with no leaky stitching, no bulky taping, and no compromise on protection from the most adverse weather conditions.
The OutDry® waterproof membrane is often used in award-winning Alpine Mountaineering boots, and other industry-leading extreme climbing/outdoor equipment. The bonding between the materials uses thousands of tiny glue dots, delivering a strong construction, very low bulk and excellent dexterity. The result of the glue dot application is a uniform and steady lamination. This seals the fabrics and seams, without the use of taping, offering dexterity never seen before on garments as waterproof as this. 'Waterproof' products are often as low as 3,000mm WPR (Water-head of Pressure Rated) whereas OutDry® is over 10,000mm WPR.
During production, once the outer shell/material is ready, the OutDry® waterproof membrane is inserted inside, and expanded whilst being heated. The glue mesh melts, achieving a complete adhesion of the membrane to the glove shell inner face. Once the lamination is completed, the glove shell and OutDry® membrane become a single body. The advantages of using the OutDry® system are as follows:
- Less weight gain in wet conditions, as water cannot penetrate the outer shell
- Glove returns to natural state much quicker after getting wet (only the thing outer shell needs to dry out), all thermal layers remain protected and dry
- Increased dexterity and tactility as there is no floating insert (one less layer to the glove)
- Greatly improved thermal properties of the glove system as water does not penetrate outer shell and all thermal layers remain dry. Traditional waterproof gloves often have a permeable thermal layer on the exterior of the glove and thus thermal protection is compromised by absorbed water
- Membrane meets the requirements of EN 659 for fire fighter gloves, and is resistant to blood borne pathogens
DEFEET DURAGLOVE E-TOUCH
The choice of many in the pro peloton. Its seamless design is ideal for our Layered Glove System, due to the consequent low bulk and great dexterity.
- Knitted construction means it is an ideal thermal layer that holds warmth incredibly when protected but a wind/waterproof outer layer.
- Touch screen friendly middle finger, index finger and thumb
- Versatile all season gloves – the choice of many top professionals
- Silicone palm and finger grips
- Dissent 133 logo detailing
- Seamless design makes the glove a perfect liner as part of the Dissent 133 Layered Glove System
The DeFeet DuraGlove is the mid-season cycling glove of choice for many World Tour Pros. Featuring a knitted (rather than stitched) seamless construction, this well-established mid-level glove will pair perfectly with your other layers to ensure unparalleled dexterity and movement. The glove features Cordura® yarn plated to the outside of the glove, creating an abrasion-resistant exterior. It will block enough air to keep you warm, while still allowing hands to breathe during riding.
Another great feature of DuraGloves is that they are thin enough to allow for plenty of dexterity while reaching into jersey pockets, unwrapping and eating food, and operating electronic gadgets, such as your touch-screen smart phone, on the move.
This layer also features silicone printed grip pads and an e:touch screen tip on the index finger, and will provide moderate insulation when used alone, or extra warmth with the base layer on cooler days. Maximum insulation is achieved when used in the full 3/3 combination.
SILK LINER GLOVES
THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTS. YOUR 100% SILK BASE LAYER IS LIGHTWEIGHT BUT INCREDIBLY STRONG, WHILST POSSESSING HIGH-WICKING PROPERTIES TO ENSURE YOUR HANDS FEEL ‘JUST RIGHT’, REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER AROUND YOU.
- Lightweight full-fingered glove
- 100% silk
- High-wicking and hydrophilic
- Ideal for wearing under the thermal mid-layer on cooler days, or as part of the full Dissent 133 Layered Glove System for maximum insulation
- Slim and light high-gauge material, offering high levels of dexterity and comfort
The Dissent 133 Silk Liner glove acts as the base thermal and wicking layer in the Dissent 133 Layered Glove System. Combined with the other layers for maximum warmth/protection it remains dry under the flexible outer shell glove meaning heat retention is excellent. This allows us to use lightweight layers thus the Dissent 133 Layered Glove System delivers class leading dexterity and warmth even down to 0°C.
The silk base layer will provide either moderate insulation when combined with just the outer shell, or maximum insulation when used in the full 3/3 combination.
For actual sizing, please click on the image below that corresponds to the size you think you are and follow the instructions. This will trigger a real size image of our base layer. You can calibrate the image by clicking on the small screen on top of the LifeSizer and adjust it using a credit card or a ruler.
Alternatively, if you are on mobile or you have problems loading the LifeSizer, please refer to the following size guide.
(Base of hand to tip of middle finger)
(Circumference around palm)
18.5 - 20 cm
19.5 - 21 cm
20.5 - 22 cm
21 - 22.5 cm